Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mitt & Walmart

Today I met the nicest man in the Walmart parking lot in Scarborough, ME! His name is Mitt and he was 89 1/2+ years old! He was enchanting! He was sharp as a tack, and he was still driving his own vehicle! My husband thanked him for his service to our country and then we both chatted with him on a variety of topics - it truly made my day to meet someone from the Greatest Generation! I hope you all have a chance to chat with someone from the Greatest Generation, if you don't know anyone, please seek them out at Veteran's homes and retirement homes - you'll be rewarded beyond words. Until then . . .

1 comment:

  1. My father was a WWII veteran and I do agree , they truly were the Greatest Generation. I miss my father all the time and really miss his stories.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!